SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
OF VIET NAM FRUIT AND VEGETABLES ASSOCIATION
(Issuance with the Decision No. 1289/QĐ-BNV
Issued by Secretary of Home Office dated on October 18, 2007)
NAME – GUIDELINE - AIMS
Article 1. Name
Association’s name: Hiệp Hội Rau Quả Việt Nam
English name : Vietnam Fruit & Vegetables Association
Tên viết tắt : VinaFruit
Article 2. Aims
Vietnam Fruit & Vegetables Association is a voluntary and non-government organization of Vietnam including individuals and companies from all economic parts, operating inproduction processing, trade of fruit & vegetables
The Association’s aims are to strengthen the linkages, to do the mutual economic and technical coolaboration and assistance in production, trade, and services, product value’s enhancement, representation and protection of lawful benefits of members,And to contribute into giving more jobs, improving the life of grrowers, exploiters , processors and of fruit & vegetables commodity.
Article 3. Legal status
Vietnam Fruit & Vegetables Association is incorporated with its own seal and account.
Article 4. Scope of activities
Vietnam Fruit & Vegetables Association operates in nationwide scope in accordance with Socialist Republic of Viet Nam’s Law and the Regulation.
OBLIGATIONS AND RIGHTS OF THE ASSOCIATION
Article 5. Obligations and Rights of the Association
1. Propagandizing and educating its members for the lines and policies of the Party and the State relating to building, developing the fruit & vegetables industry in economic parts, and protecting profits from fruit & vegetables as well as labor safety.
2. On behalf of its members, making petitions to the State for the incentive and assistant policies and methods of developing fruit & vegetables industry, protecting its members’ equitable interests, settling the cases damaging the industry and its members; carrying out its duties to the State.
3. Encouraging members’ creativeness and working ability heartily, cooperating and assisting mutually in economy-technique for fruit & vegetables production, trade and services basing on experience exchange, popularization and application of new scientific and technological achievements, solidarity in the prevention from act of God, epidemic diseases and difficulties in the life.
4. Carrying out consultancy for the Association’s organizations and individuals in the process of re-organization, and structural change in the industry.
Supplying the information of economy, market and price in order to help the members re-arrange the production and trade with the high economic efficiency.
5. Organizing conferences and seminars for work experience exchange and cooperative encouragement between the members in order to be in coexistence and co-development.
6. Establishing and organizing the Association and developing members, building the material facilities and extending the Association’s operating scope.
Building and developing international relationships to individuals and organizations in the world, in the South-East Asian region and other countries in the world in accordance with the Law.
7. Publishing journal, materials of technical popularization and economic management in accordance with the Law.
Article 6. Members
1. Full members: Vietnamese incorporated individuals and organizations operating in the fields of planting, exploiting, processing, consuming and importing -exporting fruits and vegetables…, who approve the Association’s regulations, voluntarily apply for being a member of the Association, and pay fees and subscription, can all be the Association’s full members.
2. Honorary member: Citizens, scientific and technical managers, and organizations that are incorporated and have contribution to the developing career of the industry in generally and the Association in specifically shall be invited to be honorary members by the Association.
Article 7. Procedures required for termination of member’s rights
1. A member who volunteers to go out of the Association must submit his/her application to the Association’s Executive Board.
2. A member will be removed from the Association in the event of serious breach of the Association’s regulations causing bad influence on the Association’s prestige and finance.
3. Getting operating suspension by the State Agency concerned, getting dissolution or bankruptcy statement.
Member’s rights and obligations shall be terminated after the notice of the Association’s Executive Board.
The Association’s Executive Board informs other members the list of members who applied for going out of the Association, or removed from the association or deleted from the list.
Article 8. Interests of members
1. Participating in the meeting, electing the meeting delegates of the Association.
2. Discussing, voting, querying, criticizing any affairs of the Association, petitioning and giving his/her opinions to the State authorities through the Association.
3. Being entitled to be a candidate, nominated and voted to be a member of the Executive Board or another position in the Association.
4. Being given production experience, trained the career, enhanced scientific and technical level through the supply of information and materials, attending conferences, training courses, technical exhibition, technological transfer, sightseeing, surveying domestically and abroad.
5. Being helped, sponsored in personal researching programs, professional initiatives and inventions; policies and interests in production and consumption are protected in accordance with the law.
6. Being assisted, recommended to same and other enterprises to contract for production, processing and working as technical experts.
7. Being entitled to get out of the Association.
8. An honorary member has rights as the full members except for being a candidate, voting and electing.
Article 9. Member’s obligations
1. Strictly complying with the State’s lines, policies and law and stipulations in this regulation, carrying out the Association's resolution, propagandizing to develop new members.
2. Taking part in the Association’s activities, unite, cooperate with other members to build and organize the conference more and more strongly.
3. Giving necessary information and data for the Association’s activities.
4. Paying full membership fees and subscription as stipulated.
Article 10. Operating principles
Vietnam fruit and vegetables Association is organized and operates under the principles of volunteer, self-management, sole finance, and equality. Bodies implement activities with democratic discussion, collective leadership, overwhelming majority.
Article 11. Association’s Organization
Associations’ organization including:
2. Under directly branches
Article 12. Nationwide Congress of Vietnam Fruit and Vegetables Association
1. Nationwide Congress of Vietnam Fruit and Vegetables Association is the highest body of the Association. The congress is held every five years.
2. The congress’s obligations:
a) Discuss the periodic summary report and new activity method of the Association;
b) Decide the Association’s plan and working program;
c) Discuss and decide the Association’s certain important matters that are out of the Executive Board’s power;
c) Amend the regulation (if necessary);
d) Discuss, approve the financial balance and pass the plan of new financial year;
e) Vote the Association’s Executive Board;
3. When necessary, a General Meeting of Members or a Nationwide Extraordinary Congress can be called as the demand of more than a half of full members or as the proposal of 2/3 members of the Executive Board, or requirement of the state’s appropriate authorities.
Article 13. The Association’s Executive Board
1. The Association’s Executive Board is a leader in the two sessions. Number of the Executive Board’s Commissioners is decided by the Congress and directly selected by secret voting or hand raising. The person who is elected must get more than 50% of valid votes.
The Executive Board’s members can be re-voted or dismissed before his period by the decision of the Congress, or the proposal of more than ½ members.
The Executive Board term is every five years, it’s activities are under the office term regulations of the Congress.
2. The Executive Board holds the regular meeting every six months
3. Obligations, power of the Association’s Executive Board:
a) Decide measures to implement the resolution, the Congress’s periodic activity program;
b) Decide the program, yearly working plan and report its branches the working results of the Executive Board;
c) Approve its plans and make the annual financial balance;
d) Stipulate organization and activities of special sections, its office, regional representative offices. Stipulate the Association’s principles, regimes, using and managing its properties;
e) Vote and dismiss titles of the Association’s leaders: Chairperson, Vice-chairperson and General Secretary;
Appoint special section heads, its regional representative heads;
f) Prepare contents, agenda and documents to present at the meeting;
g) Decide to call the periodic Congress or annual conference of delegates;
h) Consider to admit or expel members from the Association.
Article14. The Standing Committee
1. The standing Committee voted by the Executive Board, including: Chairperson, Deputy- Chairpersons, General Secretary and some commissioners. Number of commissioners is decided by the Executive Board.
2. On behalf of the Executive Board, the standing Committee guides and runs the Association’s activities in the two sessions and makes reports and review its work in the sessions of the Executive Board.
3. The standing Committee works under the regulations passed by the Executive Board.
Article 15. Chairperson and Deputy-Chairpersons
1. The Association Chairperson’s power and responsibilities:
- Represent the Association’s legal entity before the law.
- Organize, deploy the implementation of the Congress’s resolutions, Conference of delegates and the Executive Board’s decisions.
- Preside at the Executive Board’s meeting.
- Sign the decision to appoint and dismiss and directly guides The Association’s General Secretary.
- Approve the Association office’s personnel and other organizations established by the Association.
- Be responsible before the Executive Board and all its members for the Association’s activities.
2. The Association’s deputy - Chairpersons are the persons, who are assistants of the Chairperson, are assigned to settle a specific matter by the Chairperson and able to be authorized to run the Executive Board’s work when the Chairperson is absent.
Article 16. The Association’s General Secretary
1. A person directly runs all activities at the Association’s office.
2. Build the working regulations of its Office, managing regulations of the Association’s finance and properties to submit to the Executive Board for approval.
3. Give the Standing Committee and Executive Board periodic reports on the Association’s activities.
4. Make annual reports, periodic reports of the Executive Board.
5. Manage the list of documents on its members and organizations directly under it.
6. Be responsible before the Executive Board and the Law for the Association office’s activities.
Article 17. The Association Office
1. The Association office is organized and operates under the Regulation that is approved by the Executive Board through the General Secretary’s submission.
2. The Association office’s personnel are employed and work under the termed contracts.
3. The Office’s operating expenditure is scheduled by the General Secretary and approved by the Executive Board.
Article 18. Inspection Board
1. The Inspection Board is directly elected by the Executive Board. Number of inspecting commissioners is decided by the Executive Board as well.
2. The inspection Board operates under the regulation passed the Executive Board.
THE ASSOCIATION’S FINANCE AND PROPERTIES
Article 19. The Association’s Income
- Fees for becoming a member of the Association;
- Subscription contributed as regulation;
- Grants of domestic and foreign individuals and organizations in accordance with the law;
- Other legal receipts.
Article 20. The Association’s expenditures
Being spent under the Association’s financial regulations such as its employees’ salary, its collaborators’ tips, infrastructure, entertainment expenses, charity funds and other proper expenses are decided by The Association’s Standing Committee.
Article 21. Manage, Use its funds and properties
1. The Association’s Executive Board gives the regulations of managing, using its funds and properties in accordance with State’s stipulation.
2. The Inspection Board is responsible to take inspection and give the report of annual funds, properties to its members publicly.
COMMENDATION AND AWARD AND PUNISHMENT
Article 22. Commendation and award
The members of the Association, the Executive Board, the Standing Committee, Inspection Board and the Association’s employees who gain contribution achievements into the development of the fruit and vegetables industry, the Association’s construction shall be given a commendation and valuable awards and able to be awarded by the state thanks to the Association’s recommendation.
Article 23. Punishment
Any one, who operates against the Association’s regulations and principles, damages the Association’s reputation, misses its periodic activities for times without proper reasons, fails of paying a year of subscription, shall be given a proper criticism or deleted name from the list of its members.
Article 24. Execution effect
1. Any amendment of the Regulation should be unanimously petitioned by the Nationwide Congress of Viet Nam Fruit and Vegetables Association and approved by the appropriate authorities can be valid.
2. This regulation is unanimously passed the congress of Vietnam Fruit and Vegetables Association on 10/5/2007 and comes into effect as of the approval of Minister of Interior. This Regulation shall be automatically invalid when the Association stops its operation or is dissolved ./.